Happy Monday, readers! Welcome back to my blog. Today’s post will be rather short and to the point, so let’s begin.
I think we can all agree that each one of us has gone completely insane. We’re sick of our houses, snacks, and probably our cats. I do not appreciate how mine mockingly purrs at me each time I come to visit her humble abode, also know as the garage. She’s perfectly aware of how lucky she is to be near the outside world, and that bothers me.
- “I like being able to share my thoughts and ideas with the world” – An Interview With “Tommy” Claire @ Kenmore PinesHello, friends! How are you? Have you watched any new shows/movies lately? If so, please let me know. I recently discovered the Pirates of The Carribbean Movies on Disney+ and I really need something to break the… Continue reading “I like being able to share my thoughts and ideas with the world” – An Interview With “Tommy” Claire @ Kenmore Pines
Here are some things to keep you busy during quarantine…
Take a shower!
Sitting in your house all day in your pajamas can get pretty old, so it’s nice to freshen up at the end of the day.
Spring has begun, and you and I both know what that means – POLLEN! Gotta thank the bees for this wonderful gift. Everyday I wake up wondering if I somehow contracted the coronavirus during my sleep, but then I remember that pollen exists.
Pollen aside, go out and get some fresh air. Your body will thank you.
Learn an instrument!
Music is beautiful thing, and learning to play it for others makes it even greater. I received a ukulele for Christmas, so it’s the perfect instrument to start with. No instrument laying around? No problem! Just do that thing where you put a tissue on a comb and it makes a sound (do you know what I’m talking about?), or play your nose like Spongebob Squarepants. Whatever works for you, kids.
Reach out to your friends!
Texting, emails, Zoom calls, and FaceTime are some of the greatest ways to stay in touch with your pals! Feel free to reach out – I’m sure it will really make their day.
Read a freaking book!
Please read. It is so fun and it would make me very happy if you did. Here are a few recommendations…
• Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Sci-Fi).
• Little Women by Lousia May Alcott (Historical fiction).
• The Art of Disney Costuming by Jeff Kurtti and the staff of the Walt Disney Archives (Film and television, art).
• Life in Motion by Misty Copeland (Biographical).
Learn to cook!
I’m not a good example because I am afraid of my gas stove, but don’t let that stop you! You can be the next Gordon Ramsey, while I remain a coward. 🙃
Watch some television!
My top shows and movies, you ask? Well, I shall tell you…
• The Muppet Movie (2011)
• Cinderella (2015
• Father of the Bride (1991)
• Gravity Falls (2012-16, Disney+)
• Anne with an E (2017-20, Netflix)
• The Imagineering Story (2019, Disney+)
Learn a TikTok dance!
Just kidding, please don’t. I’ll hate you if you do. 🙂
Take an online ballet class!
I recommend Patricia Zhou’s and Isabella Boylston’s live classes. Patricia streams her classes via Instagram every day at 1PM EST, and Isabella streams via IG as well every weekday and Saturday at 2PM EST. They’re both equally lovely dancers, and their classes are easy to modify if you’re a beginner.
I won’t keep you waiting any longer, but here’s a quick cat gif:
Okay, now that that’s over, I’d like to announce that @perfecta_giuliana has won the 1k subscribers scrunchie giveaway. Congratulations! I’ll be contacting you shortly about how to receive your prize. 😘
A big thank you to everyone who entered and shared the giveaway! You guys rock.
Alas, this article is ending. I plan to celebrate this blog’s three year anniversary by doing another giveaway in August. If you have any ideas about what I should giveaway, please drop a comment! I’d love to chat. 💓
I hope you all have wonderful day and continue to stay healthy. See you next Monday!