I’m quite the anomaly.
I’ve lived in the south pretty much all my life, yet I still feel like an outsider.
I LEGIT spent the first 6-7 years of my life living in a very rural part of Georgia. So rural, that the nearest grocery store was 25 minutes away.
Even though I was deep in the good ‘ol south, I still remain my little German-born baby self.
Maybe it is because of my first year-and-a-half spent in Europe.
I don’t know, but I do know that I need to stop ranting and get on with this post.
WHAT I’VE LEARNED ABOUT LIVING IN THE SOUTH
• Being an introvert is almost impossible.
• Everyone (but me, of course) drinks sweet tea.
• Next to sweet tea, everyone drinks lemonade for some reason.
• People are biscuit obsessed.
• There’s a Chick-Fil-A everywhere you turn.
• Some people actually prefer Zaxby’s over Chick-Fil-A, and I can’t blame them.
• (almost) everyone wears camouflage.
• People think it’s fun to hunt innocent deers or something. Freaking weirdos.
• The humidity is unbearable at times.
• Speaking of weather, it’s weird. Cold and dry one day, and then hot and sticky the next.
• The old folks are nice. Do something nice for them, and they give you homemade fried chicken or something.
This list is long enough, and I’m tired.
BEFORE YA HIT THE ROAD…
This coming Friday is QTC’s one year birthday! I’ve got SO MANY special things planned, so stay tuned. 😝
Update on AWAE:
We are still waiting for Anne With An E to be approved for a third season. Here are some ways you can help:
• Spread the word! Get your friends to watch the show.
• Share on social media! Include the hashtags #wakeupandwatchannE and #renewannewithane
• Talk to Netflix! They listen, so drop a comment, DM them, or call them directly.
• Watch the show with other Netflix accounts!
The world needs this show. Let’s do this, Anne Clan! 😀
I hope you enjoyed this post! I’ll see you all on Friday for QTC’s one year birthday! 🎉