I’ve had the chance to interview the extremely hilarious clean comedian, Cyrus Steele.
And now, please welcome to the blogging stage, CYRUS STEELE!!
* clapping *
* cheering *
Alrighty! Let’s move on with this interview!
My questions are in large font, and Cyrus is in default.
1. What inspired you to start doing comedy?
I was inspired by my family to do comedy. They were always laughing at my jokes and silly impressions.
2. How long have you been doing comedy?
I started really getting into comedy in 2012.
3. What comedian is most inspiring to you?
It’s changed over the years, but right now one of my favorites is Michael Jr. He always has an inspiring message with his comedy.
4. What’s one of the coolest places you’ve performed?
Oh, that’s a good question! I’ve had some amazing experiences but I think one of the coolest places was at a place called Centerstage. Because it was the first time I performed in front of 800 people.Cyrus and I.
5. What’s one tip you would give to an aspiring comedian?
I would say try to write something everyday and learn from everyone, even a bad comic can teach you something.
6. Where are you from?
I grew up in Savannah, GA.
7. What do you do when you feel insecure about your comedy?
I try to remind myself to have fun, because the audience wants to laugh.
8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I am very introverted. It’s funny because I’m comfortable onstage, but as soon as I’m offstage I’m really quiet.
9. Where’s the first place you performed?
It was at a coffee shop. I had a few jokes and then I ran out of material but my best friend yelled out, ” Do Eddie Murphy!” And I did an impression of Eddie and people started laughing. So I really started working on impersonating people.
10. Lastly, what are your social media handles?
On Facebook, it’s “Comedian Cyrus Steele”, and on Instagram it’s @cyrusteeleii.
That was so fun! Thank you for joining me, Cyrus!!
You can check out Cyrus this weekend at Comedy Cabana in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
• Did you enjoy this interview?
• Can you relate? Tell me how!